Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

WTT Complete Auto swap w/ Lvl 5 4l60e/PTC 3200 Stall for Complete 6 Speed swap.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT Complete Auto swap w/ Lvl 5 4l60e/PTC 3200 Stall for Complete 6 Speed swap.

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $0
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette, 04-06 Pontiac GTO
Location (State): IN
Item Condition: Used
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9, LS1/LS6
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

INDIANAPOLIS AREA ONLY. NOT WILLING TO SHIP.

Looking to swap part for part my ENTIRE built auto setup for complete manual setup. Trans for trans, center console for center console(ebony interior), etc.

The exception is the wiring harness. I will be keeping the A4 harness for modification and you will need to find an A4 harness to complete your swap.

Specs on my setup:
Lvl 5 4l60e: aprox 10k miles on build, built by Ray at R&T Transmissions in Whiteland, Indiana. It's been run with a B&M Mega Cooler since install, which is included.
It has several smaller upgrades. Such as the beast sunshell,
raybestos 3/4 z pack clutch kit,
wide 2/4 band,
high friction steels,
molded pistons,
corvette servo of course,
HD Sprag,
modified valve body & seperator plate,
13 vane front pump,
shift kit,
all new electronics,
TCC Sylenoid,
pressure control sylenoid,
etc.
Everything was replaced at time of rebuild.
The shop has been doing my transmissions for years now.
The owner worked for GM for almost 20 yrs, and was in charge of all their Automatic Transmission Builds.
(He doesn't rebuild ANYTHING other than GM FWD/RWD Automatic Transmissions. NO MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS / ANY OTHER TRANS. AT ALL!)

He then taught his son everything about the RWD Transmissions he knew, and now he does the FWD Transmissions and his son does all of the RWD stuff.

My buddy James has had 2 transmissions built by them, and several local guys are running their transmissions with success as well.

FWIW, The owners son has a cam only LS1 98' Trans am with a 100 shot, running 10.92's CONSISTENTLY. And he built the transmission that's in the car. It was a "VERY - Budget Build" that runs Great!

As far as the HP ratings, He doesn't give you a HP rating simply b/c as we all know... Things can happen with any transmission at any power level. But if you ask him what route you should go with, He would spec a trans out for you.

This particular transmission above is easily capable of holding 550-600+ rwhp.

They offer a full 6 month / 6,000 mile "no questions asked" warranty with all of their Transmissions.

If any of you know Jonathan "James" Bond(lt1formula007 on here) in Indianapolis he can vouch for this trans/converter.

The converter is a PTC 3200 with only a few thousand miles on it. I would guess about 5k max. It's been fantastic! I ran a YankSS4000 before this and MUCH prefer the PTC. Obviously if you were looking to only drag race the higher stall would be better but for any around town driving that thing is much too loose. The PTC is tighter around town and is every bit as fast at the track in a bolt on car.

The rest of the parts such as pedals and console are coming out of a 2002 Z28 with ebony interior. 64k miles on all of it. Great working condition! Console is really nice and nothing is broken. Also comes with B&M Mega Cooler.

Cliff Notes:
Lvl 5 4l60e
PTC 3200
B&M Mega Cooler
All auto swap parts from 64k mile Z28 with Ebony interior(minus wiring harness)

Trade for

Good condition T56(preferably mildly built)
Upgraded clutch(preferably like a Monster stage 3)
All M6 swap parts in good working condition minus wiring harness.

Located in Indianapolis, IN. Not willing to ship.

The stuff is still all in a running car and will have to stay there for a little while. This allows you to come drive the setup and see what you think, and I would prefer to drive the 6spd if still in a running car. If not we can still work something out.

Please disregard the red converter that's not the correct converter.

Call/Txt me at 765-465-7548, or email smithmib@indiana.edu
Can negotiate a little with cash either way depending on what the trade offer is. I am not willing to sell outright, and not willing to part out any of this.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

bump for the morning
Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you want to go fast especially on the street...this is the setup for you. This setup has been to the track only 1 time ever and it was behind my car when it was bolt-ons only and I ran a 12.4@109 with a 1.6 60ft on street tires. The setup has been run on the street hard aprox 10-15 times, and has been daily driven for 95% if it's 10k miles(or aprox 3-5k on the converter). Overall it's a great setup for what it is...just not my thing...I want to row gears.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

bump
Old 11-05-2012, 09:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any interest in selling the trans and converter outright?
Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

no thanks man. I want to keep the car running then do a swap over a week or something. I don't want to it be down very long because I can't store it.

Quick Reply: WTT Complete Auto swap w/ Lvl 5 4l60e/PTC 3200 Stall for Complete 6 Speed swap.