What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Camaro Z28

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Camaro Z28

I'm looking into buying a 2000 z28 6 speed camaro. I own a 3.8 and am looking into getting a LS1. I found this one which is red, t-top, car has 73,xxx miles paint is good other than some fading on the hood. The car has a clean title, seller stated he hit a mail box and it will need a new front bumper. When I went and drove the car the motor sounded very healthy full of coolant, oil was in the middle of the full and low mark, clutch felt very good so did the tranny shifts. Didn't get on the car but felt to have good power. Interior is in good shape the car doesn't have any power options including power hatch release, or even cruise control. Also the car had no check engine light or any other lights on the dash, car had a SLP loudmouth exhaust with cats still in place; as well as a SLP intake lid. The seller is asking 5750. What do you guys think about this price?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 454 Likes on 329 Posts

That seems rather low priced to me indicating that something else is wrong. A 'fair condition' 2000 Z28 with those miles should be in the $7,000 range. How much would the bumper repair be? Maybe that would be the difference between his price and the price guides. If it does cost about $1,500 for the repair then his $5,700 price is understandable. If it is much less than that I would have ???? Be careful.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 AM

Well here's the deal he's originally asking 7,000, but he got into some trouble (got a DUI) and is saying he just needs the money to pay off his attorney. Here's the original ad if you don't care to check it out and get me your input. http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/3381939617.html
Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 454 Likes on 329 Posts

Oh man! You missed the most important aspect of the ad. He doesn't have the title and is 'expecting it in the mail'. That's like the proverbial, 'your check is in the mail'. No way do I even think about that car until he has TITLE IN HAND and you can see it. Then you can think about the car, but not a moment before. You can certainly keep in touch with him by phone.
Do not buy that car yet.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:19 PM

You're exactly right. I noticed that too, so when I went to talk with him in person about the car he said he DID have the title in hand but it wasn't in his name. So I took a look at the back of the title and he legibly bought it off one of his buddys and they both endorsed the back of the title, yet he never sent it off to have it put in his name nor notarized. So me feeling this title deal didn't sound like it would work out I gave the DMV a call and they said I WOULD be able to complete the sale as long as the 3 of us; me, him, and past seller where present and the title would just drop down to the next line on the back with my signature and the previous sellers. Does all this sound believable? This is just in my eyes such a good deal to let it go over because this title issue. Also ran the VIN on the car everything came back clear no issues with it what so ever. Also the car has options 1SC and 1SZ aka a "stripper" does this add any value to it?

Quick Reply: 2000 Camaro Z28