Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Battle of the Daily Drivers! TONS of racing!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 03:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Battle of the Daily Drivers! TONS of racing!

We have had so many races in the past couple months I have probably forgot about more than I can actually remember. LOL

I have videos of a lot... I will upload some of them on photobucket later and post them. If there is any that you specifically want video of let me know and I'll see if I have it... If not, we will have a rematch and get some video.

Cars involved: (I'm going to do this the best I can and still be east on me) I am going to shorten the races up... I think most are just interested in the outcomes anyway, if you want more details on a specific run/car/etc let me know and I can go more in detail on mods, track times, etc.

lemons12- 02 SLP Ws6 lid and shorter stick otherwise bone stock
ls1freak33- TBSS ls2 CAI
before the 370/D1 went in (00 Z28 2.73 car lid)
geofferymexico- 04 ls6CTSV short throw CAI magaflow catback
transamcoupe98- 04 Ls1 GTO straight pipes dumped and gears
04 Zo6 (not DD status but it raced so ill list it) cam only- spray not used
ricky- 98 SS 228 cam LTS dumped before axle 3600 YANK nitto radials
94 mustang gt bolt ons small cam exhaust
gage- '11 Challenger RT Stock
Harley- I'll get specs later- it is bad *** though
cody- turbo civic I don't know his exact mods cause I've never asked... I know it was 14#s in these races and has a built motor
ronnie- turbo civic same deal 10#s I believe stock motor
will- 98 Z28 LTs dumped before the axle lid M6
dumb ***- 01 cobra 20K$ in mods (hence the dumb *** comment) realistically: mild bolt ons CAI catback gears etc
charlie- 98 WS6 bone stock A4 as far as I'm aware
diesels- I can't count how many we have destroyed so I'm not even posting them... Anything from programmers/injectors/etc to bone stock. All thought they were going to destroy the TBSS
workout kid- fox body 5.0 (said it made 420Rwhp and traps 120mph in the 1/8) edelbrock intake/exhaust MSD something or other and short throw maybe few other mods
nick- older 600 (later 90s/early 00) crotch rocket mods are unknown in full but sprockets full exhaust and tune are some
FL mustang- 05 model mods unknown less exhaust
atl cobalt- mods unknown but he knew his stuff im assuming boost turned up and bolt ons
bobble- 00 Mustang GT AFR heads cam intake full exhaust 347? IIRC manual was said to run high 6s@100+ on a large hit by last owner all races to my knowledge were motor
old guy- new denali truck dealer plates
seth- newer EVO.. stock as far as I know.
JB- 98 C5 with exhaust and CAI A4
tom- fox body 347 stroker built for nitrous full suspension heads cam exhaust etc etc

tons of random races with civics/imports/etc that either aren't worth mentioning or I have forgotten about.. Some other tech members might remember some races/people I have left out.

LEMONS12 RACES:
lemons12/gmexico
45ish roll... lemons12 pulled around 3 lengths- let out around 110
lemons12/ls1freak33
dig-90 maybe even until around 20 and then a steady pull until around 80 we let out and lemons12 had around 2.5 lengths
I think we have went from a 20 roll as well but I can't remember.. if so the outcome was a bit worse than the dig
lemons12/cody- dig i got a huge jump and kept pulling until i let out
20 roll i jumped out 2-2.5 lengths and kept this until 100mph or o
he said he wanted a 35 as its his best run... literally dead even until 8Xmph and then i started barely inching out on him let out at 120-125 with me having maybe half a car
lemons12/dumbass
kid said he knew he would pull me up top... 60-125 i pulled roughly 5 lengths, it was bad
lemons12/ricky- from a dig he pulled 3-4 lengths... once i stopped spinning that lead stayed there until we let out
20 roll he jumped out 1.5 or so until i stopped spinning and we stayed there until 100 or so
40 roll we were about dead even with me barely inching out (i started staying in 1st gear from 40mph after this race, second day i had car and first race in it)
50 roll i pulled roughly 1.5 when we let out at 115 or so
55 roll same outcome as 50
ricky (94 GT) dig- very ugly
random diesel with a few mods- dig-70 or so when i let out... 7+ easily
random STI? with exhaust and???- 60 roll i had a very hard pull until 110 i maybe had 6 on him
lemons12 JB- 60 roll with me in third (wasnt ready) he took off and i kicked it... I gained his jump back at 90 and when i started inching out he let out

Ls1Freak33
lemons12 ^
Gmexico dig ls1freak jumped out about 1.5-2 car lengths and held that until 60mph or so where the V started coming back passed about 110mph and then we let out
20mph was pretty even until around 55-60 and then the V pulled around 2 lengths to 110 or so
gage dig until 90 was about dead even until 60 then the RT pulled roughly .5-3/4 car - I was driving the RT
low rolls was very close until 70-80 where the RT pulled roughly 1.5 lengths until 110 usually
ricky (with me driving SS)... ls1freak was about even until 20-30 (high tire pressure and cold so i spun) and then we pulled around 4 until 120
(with rickys GF driving the SS) ls1freak pulled... not sure on details just a dig and the TBSS won
transamcoupes GTO- low rolls all were almost dead even with the GTO pulling .5 a car in high MPHs from a dig the TBSS probably would take it until 120+
dumb *** VS TBSS with me driving Cobra- TBSS has cobra until 60 then i come around and put maybe 1 length until 100
rolls were a slight pull usually ending in 1 length or so until 100
dumb *** driving his cobra VS ls1freaks Z28 from dig dumb *** gets pulled hard... 20 roll the z28 pulls a couple lengths
with me driving the cobra vs Z28 i stay even out of the hole and pull 2 lengths or so until 90
20 roll steady pull and cobra has 2.5 or so until 90
cody dig TBSS jumps out a few lengths and holds it until 80 or so and the civic comes back and we let out
old guy from a dig the TBSS pulls roughly 3 lengths until 70 and we had just started widening the gap pretty good
ronnie from a dig it was pretty bad 5+ lengths
charlie from a dig.. pull around 2 lengths until 50 or so and then stayed even until 90mph or so we let out in the TBSS at 110 with charlie inching farther away VERY VERY VERY slowly
workout kid- dig with him getting the hit pretty even until 30 or so and then we started a hard pull
20 roll with him getting the hit steady through that gear he shifted and started falling back fast *these were on a busy road or would have went longer, we didnt even hit 60mph but the outcome was VERY obvious with the short runs and hard pull
tons of diesels from stock to programmers injectors exhaust etc anywhere from 1 car- 5+ cars usually from digs some low rolls we always give them the option
FL mustang- multiple roll races from 40-55mph... dead even or TBSS having fender until 85-90 and then GT would pull .5 car until 110 or so

I'm going to post these for now.. I will add some when ls1freak33 comes over before the gym tomorrow, all the races are running together in my head right now. LOL
If someone wants to tell me a more organized way of doing this easily, I'm all for it. I'm sleep deprived and confused right now though.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy **** lol. In for vids.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Damn...That's a lot of races. Lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Received 170 Likes on 120 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

anus paste.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 6PntHo
Holy **** lol. In for vids.
I will have vids up in the next day or two.. I still have a lot of races to post up but doing that all at once was a bit tedious.
Originally Posted by Stinger22009
Damn...That's a lot of races. Lol.
We usually have 3-4 races about 3 times a week... About every other week we end up having around 10 cars together and end up getting a ton of racing done.

This is just what I can remember from the past 2 months or so, I'm sure I left some people out and I know I left out some races between the cars I have already posted.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Launching!

I will try adding vids later on some
Old 11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Psh, we just did a little bit of DD racing....but we made a rule everything had to be 15s and slower

Quick Reply: Battle of the Daily Drivers! TONS of racing!