Sponsored by:

H/C install complete!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 04:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool H/C install complete!

H/C is complete!

Finally, after a few hiccups. Everything is complete. I had a small overheating problem, but as usual, the members of LS1 Tech pull through to help out a first tymer.

Thanks JMX for the excellent write up. Also FOFF667 for answering all of my nagging questions on AIM.

Setup: '00 Z M6
TR230 @ 111LSA ( this thing hits hard)
Custom Machined Stage 2 Heads (241 Casting)

Dyno tune in a week or two....
Old 04-12-2004, 04:03 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad u got it worked out
Old 04-12-2004, 05:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
H/C is complete!

Finally, after a few hiccups. Everything is complete. I had a small overheating problem, but as usual, the members of LS1 Tech pull through to help out a first tymer.

Thanks JMX for the excellent write up. Also FOFF667 for answering all of my nagging questions on AIM.

alright dude.you da man.when you bringing it down to the shop?dynos are on saturdays.call or stop by for appt.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:26 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28Venom
H/C is complete!

im glad i could be of help to you that thing must have a bit of a rumble to it hehe.

good luck
Bill
Old 04-12-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I could get my cam install done. I just need some damn springs. I ordered all this stuff a LONG time ago back in early march, and knew id have to wait a little bit because rollmasters were backordered. so I get most of my stuff a few days ago which was like my gaskets, PR's, rollmaster and ARP head bolts, which basically gives me enough to get my car mostly back together, got the front cover buttoned back up, water pump back on, radiator back in, blah blah blah, heads are still off along with the intake. Well, last wednesday is when my parts shipped out, and i got them on thursday. I was informed that my springs were coming from the manufacturer since the place was out of stock. Called the manufacturer this morning, "Yeah your springs will go out today." So im sitting at home on a vacation day ive taken from work to get my car finished with no damn parts to do it with. GRRRRR!!!!

So, ill just finish it wednesday or thursday, whenever the springs get here i guess.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

I have a quick question about the cam and clutch?

It seems now that when I start the car. The clutch chatters really bad on startup.. Tryin to narrow the sound down to a particular spot, but it sounds like clutch chatter?

Is this normal?