General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

WS6-2001 no spark

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6-2001 no spark

I have an issue with no spark, any help would be great. First a little history. I bought it new and is completely stock, never seen rain and only seen water from a hose 5 times. I can't believe it is corrosion. Although I did coat the engine compartment with greasy tire shine several months ago. It has 20k miles on it. I had a issue with the top not going down once. It took several strokes of the switch before it went down. I assume it is a relay, but haven’t looked into it. I pulled it out of the garage and shut it off. Went back several hours later and no start. Pushed it back in the garage and thought I would give it another try, and yes it started. Took it for a long drive with no problems. Went down some bumpy roads to see if a loose connection would present its self and no issues. Two week later, no start. It has no spark checking with a neon inline checker. Sometimes it starts, other times it doesn’t. Each time it doesn’t start, it has no spark. There are no codes. I was able to see RPM on the scan tool during crank when it doesn’t start. Seeing RPM, I would believe the Cam and/or crank sensor(s) is not the problem, correct? Any suggestions?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, check ALL of your grounds, the ones on the back of the right head bank, behind the alternator, starter, behind the right headlight and any other grounds that you may see. Physically move the wires and make sure they have a good connection. I had a problem like this that I spent MONTHS on looking for the problem. I had the same exact issue. In the end I found a loose ground connection. Now the car starts every time.

Good Luck!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6-2001
I have an issue with no spark, any help would be great. First a little history. I bought it new and is completely stock, never seen rain and only seen water from a hose 5 times. I can't believe it is corrosion. Although I did coat the engine compartment with greasy tire shine several months ago. It has 20k miles on it. I had a issue with the top not going down once. It took several strokes of the switch before it went down. I assume it is a relay, but haven’t looked into it. I pulled it out of the garage and shut it off. Went back several hours later and no start. Pushed it back in the garage and thought I would give it another try, and yes it started. Took it for a long drive with no problems. Went down some bumpy roads to see if a loose connection would present its self and no issues. Two week later, no start. It has no spark checking with a neon inline checker. Sometimes it starts, other times it doesn’t. Each time it doesn’t start, it has no spark. There are no codes. I was able to see RPM on the scan tool during crank when it doesn’t start. Seeing RPM, I would believe the Cam and/or crank sensor(s) is not the problem, correct? Any suggestions?
Change your ignition relay (under the hood) and you will be a happy camper again. I would say about 90% chance that will fix it.

Quick Reply: WS6-2001 no spark