Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shop Recommendation Near Folsom CA

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop Recommendation Near Folsom CA

Hello,

I have been searching for info about "low oil pressure warning" on my 2003 Cadillac Escalade with 6.0. This site seems to be very informative and I'm hoping for some direction. From what I've found it seems like maybe the oil pickup tube O-ring?

Had the oil pressure sender replaced less than 6 months ago as it was reading 80 psi at all times and was a bad unit. Always use Mobil 1 full synthetic and Mobil 1 or KN filters. Never a problem. 112k miles.

Changed oil filter today but still getting low oil pressure warning. Its starting to tick slightly (lifter noise?) so I shut it down. Don't want to damage the engine and will not run it until I get it repaired so I need some direction.

Looks like its way beyond my skill and experience so I'm hoping someone here can give me some direction to a good mechanic/shop with experience repairing this issue. I'd really like to find someone with experience and has dealt with this exact problem as I've been abused by the dealer in the past.

Saw suggestions of the "Oil Pump Pickup Tube Girdle" and was thinking to have this installed as an added measure of assurance?

Thanks in advance for suggestions!!

Rob

Last edited by Aerobatix; 11-11-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rob,

I don't think the pick-up tube O-ring is your problem. This problem typically comes from installer error (Noticeable immediately upon initial start-up). Since this area hasn't been touched in 112K miles, super low probability it's the issue.

I'm thinking something mechanical (Lifter, spun bearing, bad pump etc)....A dealer is who I would suggest...But I see you have had issues, but they work on these engines all the time.

Last edited by badazz81z28; 11-10-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Did they touch your oil pump? If not that prob not the issue you svs is a good performance shop that does a lot of ls engines but there really not that hard if you figure out exactly what it is and need a hand I can help you I'm in the south Sacramento area
Old 11-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Teching In

My 00 Suburban 5.3 had the oil pickup tube 0-ring go bad after 260K miles, just needed to be replaced with the upgraded o-ring. This is pretty common on the early 5.3s not sure on the 6.0 unless they share the same o-ring then it may be it.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a higher mileage 5.3 that I got cheap bc of low oil pressure. Previous owner turned idle up to compensate but I found it was a worn surface inside the oil pump where the gearotor rides on and after swapping a used melling 295 I have 50lbs cold, I haven't fully heated the motor though for a hot reading...it's either pump or pickup oring that's for sure
Old 11-11-2012, 12:32 PM

I'm in the middle of remodeling a new home and moving before Thanksgiving so my time is zero currently to work on this project myself. I like to be informed before I take something to someone else to do repairs for me so I can be confident in what they diagnose and suggest as a repair. That's why I'm looking for a shop that can accurately diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair my engine. Appreciate any and all suggestions for a good shop! I'll call SVS and talk with them about my issue.

Thanks for the replies and keep them coming as I haven't got it fixed yet!!

Rob

Quick Reply: Shop Recommendation Near Folsom CA