Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Never building another SBC

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Never building another SBC

I have built SBC engines for years for dirt track racing.I recently built an ls1 engine for a buddy of mine with a GTO. Im hooked so simple. Components stock are so much lighter and more durable from what i have seen and read.Now im installing a 5.3 in an old 69 Rat Mod for practice.and then i plan on instaling an LS1 in my 69 camaro ss.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

The sbc was great for decades, but the LS has just eclipsed it in every way. After I went LS, I sold every single sbc part I owned. Just no need for that old stuff anymore. The only advise I can give is be sure to remain humble as an LS enthusiast, don't "look down" on sbc builds. It's real easy to be a jerk once you've seen the light!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeavyMetl
The sbc was great for decades, but the LS has just eclipsed it in every way. After I went LS, I sold every single sbc part I owned. Just no need for that old stuff anymore. The only advise I can give is be sure to remain humble as an LS enthusiast, don't "look down" on sbc builds. It's real easy to be a jerk once you've seen the light!
Agreed. There is no good reason to go SBC unless it's a #'s correct restoration type build. What used to be considered "exotic" back in the day, is now in these LS motors from the factory. Don't get me wrong, SBC's can run well but, it seems to take a lot more. I still have a place in my heart for them.

Quick Reply: Never building another SBC