Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need part number for correct oil pickup tube please

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need part number for correct oil pickup tube please

I have an LS2 out of a 2005 SSR that is having sump issues. (I am loosing my prime when it sits for a while.)

The oil pan (and pickup tube) is off of a unknown, but older model, 4.8L. At the time that I did the pan swap I was unaware of the two different styles of o-rings that were available for pickup tubes. I've since been made aware that there is a blue and a red o-ring, both of which are a different design and size. I do recall thinking that the o-ring fitment was fairly loose during my install and therefore have sufficient reason to believe that my priming issues may be as a result of a bad seal at the pickup tube o-ring.

I need the correct part number for a truck-style pickup tube that will have the correct o-ring style to fit my 2005 SSR LS2. I do not believe that you can just swap the o-rings between the two pickup tubes but can someone confirm that?

Can anyone please help?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

I've always been under the impression that the O ring went with the pickup tube application. That's what I used for both my swaps.
https://sdparts.com/details/gm-facto...parts/12557752
https://sdparts.com/details/gm-facto...parts/12584922
Old 11-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I may have swapped o-rings back when I did the pan swap. I honestly don't remember but it sounds like something I would do. (Use the o-ring in the best condition.)

Honestly, its been so long I don't remember. But after sitting for a week or so my engine drains enough oil to where the top end chatters for 2-5 seconds when I start it. Its happened with two different oil filters in two different brands so that o-ring seems like the most logical place to start looking.

I also have an accumulator and I am installing a normally closed solenoid valve to trap pressurized oil in there when the engine is shut off. That way it will prime the engine as soon as I turn the ignition on and before the engine is even running.

Quick Reply: need part number for correct oil pickup tube please