Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange vibration need some insight

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 06:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strange vibration need some insight

Ok well I just got my car back from Speed Inc a week ago and they told me I have a strange vibration under acceleration. Basically what it is, is when I accelerate any more than 1/4 throttle there is a very distinct vibration and it shakes the hell out of center console as well as the rest of the car. It doesnt bang though like a broken trans mount, but kind of has a continueous vibration. I havent taken the car past 1/2 throttle since it still needs to be tuned and im really worried about this vibration. Speed Inc blames it on the trans which is a brand new FLP Level 4. I havent had time to take it to FLP but Speed Inc basically says its not there problem since the trans is from FLP. They said the converter might be out of balance but I just had it sent to Precision Industries to be flushed and checked last month and they didnt say anything about it. I do have a Energy Suspension trans mount which Im told will make the ride alittle rougher but it shouldnt be as bad as I am experiencing. This vibration I am getting is very similar to what I had before my stock motor blew up.

Just some background on my situation. Back in August I had a Vig3800 stall, 3.73 gears, and Energy Suspenion trans mount installed by Power House Performance(small shop near the south side of Chicago). When I brought up this vibration issue to them they said it was just the trans mount so I ignored it even after I put 1200 miles on it and it still vibrated like crazy. Well my motor decided to toast its self one day when I was crusing down the highway. Putting three holes in the block, hole in oil pan, damaging the heads, damaging the intake, and a bunch of other little things on my car. I figured it blew up since my trans was starting to slip and had bounced off the rev limiter a few times at WOT, car had 75,000 miles on it, and I beat on it regularly. But now im thinking that the new converter I put in may have caused my stock motor to blow and may very well be potentially harmful to my new forged motor.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE insight you guys have on this situation please feel free to chime in.

Last edited by maddboost; 04-12-2004 at 07:08 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:17 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,095 Posts

Is the TQ arm and mount stock? Have you checked to make sure the TQ mount is installed properly? Just a thought, that would cause the vibration you describe, but Speed should have caught that easy......
Old 04-12-2004, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Is the TQ arm and mount stock? Have you checked to make sure the TQ mount is installed properly? Just a thought, that would cause the vibration you describe, but Speed should have caught that easy......
Still running the stock torque arm and mount. But I will have to see if they checked that. Car is going back to Speed Inc tomorrow since the front seal is leaking.