Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

questions on squaring up after suspension mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 01:13 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default questions on squaring up after suspension mods

i'm putting together my 99 camaro. right now it's in 4x4 mode. i'll loosen everything up tomorrow and re-tighten it and get it set back to normal heights. before i get to far into this i want to post up everything i have

PA racing Turbo K
flaming river manual rack
umi adjustable lowers
stock uppers (for now)
single adjustable fronts
eibach trick front springs
umi short torque arm
moser 9"
umi adustable lowers
stock rear springs

need to order
no sway bars installed yet
stock panhard
no strut tower brace yet

after working on dirt modifieds i'm used to squaring up a car by plumb bobbing the rear housing and measuring up to the front ball joints. but since i have adjustable lowers how do i know i'm where i need to be off base line? do i measure off the lower ball joints? and then center them off the chassis measurements? do i need to order adjustable plates for the struts? any info would be greatly appreciated!

yes i know the car needs painted. it's edged in and will be painted once the cage is installed. photo's are with the motor and trans installed. rear end is 1.5 drop springs (to get the car mobile to get work done) and the heater hose mod.... drives me insane. thanks for any input!

- Scott

Last edited by scottie dont; 11-17-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 07:11 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never seen adjustable plates for the struts. All the adjustment is in the lower control arm mounting point to the k member, not the strut mount. You say you have 'stock uppers' you referring to the front I assume?

I'd start by getting the rear end square to the body by using body mounts or frail rail as measurements then once rear is square get the from close (or just have it aligned, as long as rear is square)

I'm no expert so I'm sure someone else will chime in lol

Quick Reply: questions on squaring up after suspension mods