Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Outlet 102mm Plate System

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Outlet 102mm Plate System

So I have dabbling with the idea of nitrous for a minute. But I am new to it.
If some one can give me a hand with some info it would help make up my mind. (I'm indecisive sometimes)

I would like to go with a plate system for 102mm TB. "Nitrous Outlet 102mm Plate System" to be specific.
Now this is on sale through Colorado Speed. I want it even more now.

What else do I need that is not included in these Plate kits?
Do I /need/ a separate fuel source? why/why not?
Purge valve, is this included in these kits? What do they do?

I've done some research but I ended confusing myself, maybe someone can break it down?

(pics of what Im looking at )
Attached Thumbnails Nitrous Outlet 102mm Plate System-00-10118-90-10.jpg   Nitrous Outlet 102mm Plate System-420016_10150591736390318_372614882_n.jpg  
Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Staging Lane

What else do I need that is not included in these Plate kits?
with the kits from nitrous outlet(including the bottle) you technically dont need anything else except a Tune but there are some optional things you could get as safety precautions and luxuries, some recomend a fuel pressure safety switch( which prevents nitrous being sprayed if there is a lack of FP), and a window switch which gives the kit a RPM window(normally 3500-right before shift point/redline) as a safety precaution when shifting. other things like bottle heaters(warms the bottle to keep the pressure higher and stablilized) and electronic bottle openers are more luxuries.
Do I /need/ a separate fuel source? why/why not?
depending off the size of the shot you'll be running you shouldnt need a separate fuel source unless you start running a bigger shot(200/250+). some people run separate fuel sources so they can run pump gas in the main fuel tank but when the car is sprayed it injects racegas thats kept in the kits standalone tank
Purge valve, is this included in these kits? What do they do?
A purge valve isn't usually included in nitrous outlets kits unless puchased as an option, what a purge valve does is allow you to clear the nitrous lines of any air thats in them making sure its nothing but nitrous, this cuts down on rich spikes do to the minor lag of nitrous being injected becasue of said air

hope that helps if you have any more questions dont be afraid to ask or pm. I'm sure the nitrous outlet guys will also chime in.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

All good info listed above. I also recommend calling Nitrous Outlet. They can help you work out what you need, and the limitations your combo will have, if any.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 AM
FormerVendor

Its always good to add some of the accessories to get the most out of your nitrous system. The biggest thing that we recommend is getting into a window switch to make your system activation. Heaters are always great to get the most out of you bottle.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:16 AM
On The Tree

I appreciate the info Benwb!
Talked to Chris from Nitrous Outlet yesterday and placed my order!
Old 11-20-2012, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Good choice. Great product, and great costumer service.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Outlet 102mm Plate System