Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I fixed my car, pics and explanation inside!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I fixed my car, pics and explanation inside!

I fixed and found the problem. All the plugs on my drivers side were blackened and fouled. All the plugs on my passenger side were perfect, still looked almost new. I changed them all anyways, and while I was taking off the coil pack on the passenger side (its 100000x easier if you do this) I noticed the big white plug for it had came undone and almost barely in there, but it was plugged in enough to make them fire intermittently. Now, I know the bad plugs were on the opposite side BUT this mirrors something that had happened back in my LT1 days. Back when I put LT's on my 95, I burnt through a plug wire and didnt know it. The 95 started running like dookie, and I looked under the hood for a lightshow. To my suprise one of the primaries on my passenger side were glowing! They were Jet Hot coated too, and man it takes a LOT to make them glow! While poking around, checking wires, I found the plug wire directly OPPOSITE on the drivers side had been burned through, only I couldnt see it because I had those damn DEI heat sleeves. Hella good those did. Anyways, I replaced the plug wire, and the car was like new again, and the primary on the other side stopped glowing. Never had another problem with the car.

On a side note, I fired the car up, let her run for a few minutes, and then pulled her out of the garage. As I was pulling out of the sub my check engine light came on and I thought "oh damn now what" and it was 0135 I think, which turned out to be an oxygen sensor heater circuit malfunction. I've gotten that a few times since I put the headers on, it ran fine so I just erased the code. I'm happy again. Thanks everyone for your help!!
Attached Thumbnails I fixed my car, pics and explanation inside!-sparkplugs.jpg  
Old 04-12-2004, 10:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yay dont you hate stupid crap like that lol
Old 04-12-2004, 10:42 PM
pdd
TECH Veteran

congrats on the fix
Old 04-13-2004, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

So how does it run now that it's firing on all 8?
Old 04-13-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I"m a little lost. Are you saying on the LT1 for example that the wire on say #2 had a burnt wire and on the other side of the block #3 was red or the cylinders were side by side?
Old 04-13-2004, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats !!! and thank you for posting results. A lot of time poeple ask about their problem, but fail to post feedback after a fix. This way we are able to update our teck. knowledge and eliminate bad deductions.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Zturd
I"m a little lost. Are you saying on the LT1 for example that the wire on say #2 had a burnt wire and on the other side of the block #3 was red or the cylinders were side by side?
GM's are screwy like that. Sometimes a problem on one side will cause another malfunction on the other. I burned wire #3 on my 95, and then it caused primary #4 to glow.I fixed the wire on #3, and the problem on #4 disappeared.