Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

cam codes with inop tach, calling mr whitebird00

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam codes with inop tach, calling mr whitebird00

I recently swapped a 99 ls1 t56 into my 01 v6 camaro. The motor cranks, at times will just crank, sometimes backfire, and sometimes fire up. Throwing a p0343 cam voltage high and p0344 cam voltage low. I swapped the cam sensor last night with another one a friend ad laying around. Now it is only throwing 0343. I've read about the swapping of the outer wires on the cam connector but everything I've read said for ls2s. I've also been told about some harness extension for the ls1 cam sensor which my harness does not have. The connector has been apart from harness sometime in its life and has been butt connected back together. I'm not sure if the sensor I swapped is also bad? The tach works with the tech 2 when the sweep is commanded. I've looked through pages of google searching and on this site looking for the cluster pin out to track continuity between the Pcm and tach but no luck finding a diagram. Any information anybody can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the exact same symptoms when I forget to plug the small harness back together up by the front of the passanger side head. I cant recall what it feeds directly but it only has 4 wires in it if I recall correctly. Just a fyi
Old 11-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no connector in the harness like that, would you be able to snap a quick picture?

Quick Reply: cam codes with inop tach, calling mr whitebird00