Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Howdy From Texas

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy From Texas

Hello all,
I just wanted to take this time to introduce myself. My name is Jay and I like to go fast . I have always been a Chevy guy, my first car was a 68 Impala with a 327 and boy o boy did I love that car and working on it everyday. Didn't have a father to teach me much about cars and didn't have the internet back then to find out how things were suppose to be, to sum it up it was alot of trial and error. Currently I have been finding alot of Ford for sale and for some reason having more Fords in my collection then Chevy's, but don't fear they are all getting Chevy motors! Currently I have a new baby which is my 1958 Ford Fairlane 500 that I would like some advice from you guys on to help get a 4.8 in it. The reason for the 4.8 is well because it was just about free, and the 332 Y block that is in the car is just about worn out. I have a kid on the way and should be here around July 1st and want to have the car running with the 4.8 motor with AC for the baby. I know most people would just say to buy a new car buy I love the oldies and cant stop driving them. That's my story and im stickin to it!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

haha great story Jay! Always like to hear from guys like you around here! Welcome to the Fourms!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

what part of texas are your from?
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hello
Old 12-04-2012, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was raised in north Texas (Amarillo) but now live in Austin, I have moved around alot because my father was a welder and I was in the military. I would have to say Austin is a different and fun place

Quick Reply: Howdy From Texas