Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anyone elses rear end sit offset?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone elses rear end sit offset?

I have a 2000 SS Camaro and my rear end seems to sit to the left. I even put on an adjustable panhard bar and adjusted to the shortest setting. Left wheel seems to sit flush with wheel well where the right side sits about 2 inches in. The panhard bar helped a little bit. Nothing looks bent and the car has never been wrecked. Had a friend tell me they are like that from the factory, some are just worse then others
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

mine only needed a little tweak from my ADJ PHB......weird
Old 12-03-2012, 10:51 PM
On The Tree

Mine is off pretty bad, its better but still noticeable
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dieselman88
Mine is off pretty bad, its better but still noticeable
I know you said u tried an adjustable PH bar already but I think you need a double adjustable pan hard bar. A double gives you much more leeway in adjustments. Usually, the rear gets off center when you lower it. The lower you go, the more off center. Typically caused by lowering spring or cutting coils. Even if you didn't do any of those things, get a double adjustable pan hard bar to center it. A double allows you to do it while its on the car. Waaaaaay easier. A good double will run you $100-125 depending on who u buy from. Check the LS1 classified, guys are always updating their rear suspension with a watts link or a variety of upgrades and you can get one cheap. Like$50-75.
One word of caution, get one that has the adjustments as close to the end of the rod as possible. Having the adjusting jam nuts and threaded portion in the middle is asking for a bent pan hard rod.
Good luck
Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

My rear is in a similar situation. Mine is just centered, but my PHB is at it's shortest possible setting. Are there PHB's out there that provide a wider range of adjustment compared to others?

I think mine is an Addco? It was the bar Sam recommended like 10 years ago
Old 12-04-2012, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Racin'Z28
I know you said u tried an adjustable PH bar already but I think you need a double adjustable pan hard bar. A double gives you much more leeway in adjustments. Usually, the rear gets off center when you lower it. The lower you go, the more off center. Typically caused by lowering spring or cutting coils. Even if you didn't do any of those things, get a double adjustable pan hard bar to center it. A double allows you to do it while its on the car. Waaaaaay easier. A good double will run you $100-125 depending on who u buy from. Check the LS1 classified, guys are always updating their rear suspension with a watts link or a variety of upgrades and you can get one cheap. Like$50-75.
One word of caution, get one that has the adjustments as close to the end of the rod as possible. Having the adjusting jam nuts and threaded portion in the middle is asking for a bent pan hard rod.
Good luck
mine is double adjustable BMR, has the lock nuts on the ends. as far as i know the car isnt lower, seems to sit and normal ride height. it just kinda aggrevates me, guess cause i want it to be perfect lol

Quick Reply: anyone elses rear end sit offset?