Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on timing for 100 shot.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question on timing for 100 shot.

I have a dry nitrous system installed in my car. I got my car tuned before the nitrous, I have an ms3 cam and 243 heads. Not sure what timing is right now... I have venom computer controlled system, even though its computer controlled I don't think it will adjust timing. Suggestions on what to do please. I was going to buy a diablo handheld tuner and adjust timing myself but I wouldn't know how much to retard it from where it is now. Is there a certain point I need timing to be for 50-100 shot?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your best bet is to do some searching, there is a lot of great info to be found.

Rule of thumb is to pull 2 degrees per 50 hp of nitrous.
An easy way to pull timing is with an IAT resistor mod, do a search for it.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How much timing would that pull? I knew the timing pulling rule but not sure what timing is now compared to when it was stock. Thanks for your suggestions
Old 12-04-2012, 06:42 AM
12 Second Club

I am pretty sure WOT stock timing is 28' (99's are, for some reason I think 02's ran less from reading????) but you are tuned so it could be more plus your cam could have advance ground into it so you will have to do some investigating.

I seem to recall that the resistor mod pulls 3'. On a 100 shot that would likely be sufficient but reading AFR's and more importantly, your plugs, is the best way to judge.

IMO, you should look at investing in HPT of LS1edit. Log NA WOT runs to see where your timing is at then pull out anything above 28 plus the 4 and go from there with your timing and fuel.

Trust me when I say to search and read. This site has a wealth of info to be had. I spent countless hours reading and rereading before I ever opened my first bottle.

Good luck, you will love the nitrous.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 AM
FormerVendor

You would pull timing from where you are now with the cam. if you spray 100 you should pull out around 4 and then go from there. If you spray 50, pull 2 degree as a starting point.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys for the good info. Brett I will defiantly do research before I open my bottle up thanks again

Quick Reply: Question on timing for 100 shot.