Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

e brake

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 10:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question e brake

Hi everyone, does anyone else have a problem with e brake. My 01 camaro ss when i pull handle you hear a pop and the handle goes loose . Please help !
Old 12-13-2012, 10:05 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 328 Likes on 300 Posts

Classic issue.

This is caused by someone changing the rear rotors and not adjusting the e-brake accordingly to the bore of the new rotor.

To fix it, you need to take off the brakes, take off the rotors and go through the adjusting procedure for both sides of the car.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Thank you I'll try that.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by wssix99
Classic issue.

This is caused by someone changing the rear rotors and not adjusting the e-brake accordingly to the bore of the new rotor.

To fix it, you need to take off the brakes, take off the rotors and go through the adjusting procedure for both sides of the car.
Not thinking that's what he was talking about. It happens on mine occasionally. one of the pawls in the handle will either slip off the gear-ring or it pops off and BANG, handle goes all the way up. Put the handle back down and it resets it. if you move the outer pawl (on the bottom?) you can pull then handle up all the way without actuating the EBrake. Kid of a third adjustment.

But OP, if you take the console off and spray both of the gear rings with some WD40 and spray the pawls, that should help, but there's no real definitive fix.

Quick Reply: e brake