LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

rockers and rods

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rockers and rods

I know this questions been asked possibly a hundred times. But I would like to know what length hardened push rod for my Lt. Don't know wat is needed to know but has cc503. And everyone out my way goes with summit brand rockers. Are they fine? And another do I need guide plates. Going to summit soon so any response is appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Launching!

7/16 studs and guide plates, hardened pushrods of stock 7.200 inch length, and non self aligning rocker arms are the best path to take in a stock headed street car. I would advise against the Summit rockers though. Everything Summit sells is a rebranded product from someone else and the rockers seem to be produced by Proform. They may work okay in a street car but I'd suspect that they wouldn't live very long with any RPM.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

IF you were stock cam, 7.2 stock length is fine. Going aftermarket, I would pick up a pushrod length checker, measure the length, then order the pushrods. The length checker is only like $9.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
IF you were stock cam, 7.2 stock length is fine. Going aftermarket, I would pick up a pushrod length checker, measure the length, then order the pushrods. The length checker is only like $9.
My response to another thread exactly mimics yours opinion. I was just tired last night and apparently missed mentioning that little detail of having a cam. Thus needing a pushrod checker. Thanks for keeping me straight.

Originally Posted by BOOSTED AFR
for about $15 you could buy a pushrod length checker and read up on how to determine the correct length. That'd be your best bet.

Last edited by BOOSTED AFR; 12-14-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Quick Reply: rockers and rods