LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MAF and CPS codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF and CPS codes

i am getting a code for the MAF(P0100) and a code for the CPS which i forget the exact code. could one of these codes cause the other to go off? i know the cps only goes of to detect misfire but the motor does not seem to misfire. its runs great.! really heathly and fast as F***...it has a TINY TINY TINY sputter out the rear every once in a while while at idle only. but it dosent jump the motor or anything. i dont think its a misfire. and those are the only 2 codes i have. the maf is like $130 and the cps is like $60 bucks. no bifg deal just dont wanna spend the oney if i dont need to. which sensor should i replace first or if any at all? im going to try cleaning the MAF today. i replaced the ddistributor recently and once i put it all back together i got the MAF code. any help is appreciated, thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Check to make sure the wires on the diodes in the MAF are not broken. When cleaning it, use MAF sensor cleaner that you can buy at any parts store. Is your SES light flashing when the engine is running? What's done to the engine?

Quick Reply: MAF and CPS codes