Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Noob. 02 firebird LS1

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:47 PM
L7w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Noob. 02 firebird LS1

recently acquired a decent sum of cash, relatively familiar with cars including my own however I'm not sure what's next for me on this one.

cam shaft,
cold air,
something different?
Old 12-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It really depends on what your long-term goals are for it. A lid, exhaust, and suspension would be a good starting point, especially if you're planning to DD it. Any lid will be fine. They're pretty much deemed to be equal. Pacesetter seems to be a popular brand for long tubes on this site. Stainless, but not a ridiculous price. Exhaust will be a matter of your own personal taste. Borla, Dynomax, Magnaflow, Hooker, and GMMG are popular. SLP Loudmouth sounds really good on an otherwise stock car. But I think it gets a little too nasty once you catch the modding bug. A good set of shocks will go a long way in terms of quality feel. And subframe connectors would be a worthwhile investment. Fortunately for you, you won't need to worry a whole lot about an intake for the time being. I'm not versed in the cam department, but I'm sure someone who is will chime in. Also, keep in mind that the rear end is relatively weak in these cars, so if the funds are good enough to beef that up, do it. And if your car is an auto, it wouldn't hurt to have that built to handle the power you eventually plan to put to it. Search is your friend....browsing other threads and weighing the pros and cons of other set ups will help you determine what direction to go. Look around and do it right the first time. You'll find that a lot of the sponsors on the right side of your screen will have what you need. Good luck and welcome to the site!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to let us know more about the car and what you want out of it

Quick Reply: Noob. 02 firebird LS1