General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Possible BCM Issue??

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Possible BCM Issue??

Ok I'm new to ls1tech for starters been using the website for years but not had an issue this big with no other posts about it so hopefully I'm not the first to have this issue

I have a 1997 Firebird Trans Am

A month or so ago I noticed the blinkers weren't working. So I went for bulbs and fuses, but the blinker light in the dash doesn't light up at all, strange. So I went through the car played with all the bells and whistles and the blinkers, traction control, abs, (no warning lights in the dash just don't work at all) blower motor, defog, reverse lights all don't work. So I started thinking it was the bcm. But the normal issues like radio, power windows, etc. All work just fine no issues. And to make it stranger when the radiator fans come on when the engine gets hot everything powers up and works fine. Then when the fans turn off all stops working again, the car runs perfectly. Recently had the Opispark replaced other than that there has been any changes to the car, please helpppp thank you
Old 12-22-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Veteran

I can offer some schematics, if you want to follow some wires and try to track something down.. Other than that, I'm stumped. This sounds pretty complicated. See if all of your problems trace back to the BCM or a ground. (Seems to be my popular answer lately)

This does cover LT1 and LS1.
http://cs.chevroletclub.net/graphics...g.diagrams.pdf
Old 12-25-2012, 03:35 AM
Teching In

I appreciate the quick response, and when it gets a little warmer out I'll look through all the wires :S and see if I can figure something out. At least now I have a map and know what I'm looking at. Thanks but if anyone has any other ideas I would appreciate the help =)
Old 05-08-2013, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Exclamation New Issues, Possible BCM (UPDATED)

All right guys you got your work cut out for this one. haha... Anyways heres the new issue. put the key in turn it to run. Radio, Windows, Heater, Lights all work like normal.

however none of the dash lights light up, or work. turn the key to start. nothing happens engine doesn't turn over. no sound from the fuel pump. nothing.

Except when I turn the key from run to start the car will make 2 dings and the seatbelt warning light will flash accordingly. then repeat that and the car will make 3 dings and same from the seatbelt light. and it will just go back and forth between 2 flashes/dings and then 3flashes/dings

I've look everywhere online for anything close and they all mention the security light in the dash which doesn't happen all of the lights don't work or turn on except the seatbelt light.

I checked the fuses all of them are good. when the car is in run half both fuse boxes are not getting any power, including injectors, starter, basically anything required to make the car run. I also looked at the BCM board for cracks in the soilder and it all looked good. any ideas or help will be appreciated. thank you!!

Quick Reply: Possible BCM Issue??