LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

96-97 SS Air Cleaner Retainer Clips

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 96-97 SS Air Cleaner Retainer Clips

I bought my 97 SS short one Air Cleaner Retainer Clip. Now that it is running again (New Opti/Plugs and Wires) and the Headers/Ypipe are installed I am fixing all the other little crap that bothers me. I bought a new Air Hog Filter to replace the worn out K&N and need to locate a new clip or "clips" for the Airbox. From research I've done, the K&N could be the reason I am missing a clip (The seach function shows they don't all fit well).

Is this the same clip that is used on the LS1 cars? If not, where can I find replacements? Thank You.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 12-26-2012, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Hey Scoob... I am getting ready to tear into my 97 SS... Heads already off... I looked at the retaining clips on my LS1 lid and they seem to be the same... I too have the SS Ram air set up on mine.

You look to have my twin... White 97 SS....
Old 12-26-2012, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hell yeah Man. Boy did you get a smokin deal! I need to keep my eyes on the forums. What are you doing with the Heads? Sending them to A.I.? Thanks for the info, I'll order some new LS1 clips then.

My 99 is sitting in Germany under a cover and getting no love. Spending all my fun money on the 97 trying to bring her out of 8 years of hibernating with no affection.

Originally Posted by 01Z0H6
Hey Scoob... I am getting ready to tear into my 97 SS... Heads already off... I looked at the retaining clips on my LS1 lid and they seem to be the same... I too have the SS Ram air set up on mine.

You look to have my twin... White 97 SS....
Old 12-28-2012, 11:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks for your service.. I too have spent 25 yrs in the US Army ( 10 AD, 15 in USAR) Currently serving as a 1SG 5th Army out of Ft. hood on the CSM "D" list..... Was stationed in Germany twice.... K-Town, Baumholder... 2 tours in Iraq, 1 in The "Stan"... Spent most of my time @ Ft. Benning.. Yeah, i am Infantry! 11B.... 11M is my secondary..

Stay safe.... Khu Da Fez.....
Old 12-29-2012, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey thanks, almost 14 years in now, all AD. Went to SSG and next to OCS. Currently out of Bamberg but will be at Grafenwoher for Company Command when I return from RC-C, OEF. CBRN by trade, only spent time in Benning for OCS and Airborne School.

I've been to K-town numerous times but never Baumholder. My BDE is moving to Baumholder when we return. Bamberg and Schweinfurt are closing down. It is a shame, all the nice places are practically gone.

I just bought this 97 SS in August, cash money. Always wanted a 30th car. I said I was just going to restore it and cruise it but I've already put Kooks Headers on it, lol. I can't NOT Mod anything. My 99 could use a FAST manifold, new Injectors and a re-tune but new toys get priority!

Quick Reply: 96-97 SS Air Cleaner Retainer Clips