New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEED Odometer Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED Odometer Help

hi Im Darrell.A i live in California ,the bay area. I have a 1999 chevy Camaro 3.8 i unplug the battery and change the Maf the speedometer went out can someone help me!. not sure if this is where i post this ( the speedometer is laying all the way to the right pass 100 thank all
Old 12-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Sounds like you shorted something and don't realize it. You can get a whole new cluster for ebay and plug it in and see. Other than that I wouldn't know, never heard of such.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:19 AM
12 Second Club

I wouldn't buy a new cluster without at least checking/ trying a few things first. Try this first: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...g-battery.html If that doesn't fix it, the next thing I would check are the fuses (located on the drivers side of the dash.) If all the fuses look good, check and make sure your VSS didn't come unplugged and is making a good connection.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by T AM
I wouldn't buy a new cluster without at least checking/ trying a few things first. Try this first: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...g-battery.html If that doesn't fix it, the next thing I would check are the fuses (located on the drivers side of the dash.) If all the fuses look good, check and make sure your VSS didn't come unplugged and is making a good connection.
And that's why I love this site

Quick Reply: NEED Odometer Help