General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What engine?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What engine?

I have a '72 nova and am currently starting to look into a swap. Not sure what engine to swap into the nova or out of what car and year I should be looking at. I'm headed toward a truck engine as they are easier to get. I'm thinking of getting around 500hp out of the motor. Any setups would also be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:56 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Sdudley
I have a '72 nova and am currently starting to look into a swap. Not sure what engine to swap into the nova or out of what car and year I should be looking at. I'm headed toward a truck engine as they are easier to get. I'm thinking of getting around 500hp out of the motor. Any setups would also be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to Tech!

There are a huge amount of options for your Nova (Previous owner of a 68' and 72' Nova here) and almost any LSx based engine is a great option. Reliable, fuel efficient, and big power.

We offer an Edelbrock LS3 longblock, which comes with a 2 year warranty, as well as the option to buy every accessory needed for your swap from pullies to computer. The price might be steep, but it is a great value considering you get everything you need, using all brand new parts.

If you are budget orientated, we also offer a huge selection of parts you may need when you find an engine to sway in, such as cams, intake, exhaust and much much more.

If you have any questions, feel free to call, e-mail, or even text message!

Thanks
Kyle Higgins
(916) 757-2326
info@sierraspeedshop.com
Old 12-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Teching In

lots of articles with people making close to 500 with the 6.0 truck blocks for under $5k. thats the route im going.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

will you be using a ECM or a stand alone ignition ?you need the right ECM and harness to work with the engine you buy,24 or 58 tooth reluctor wheel.elderbrock has a stand alone intake system for ls engines.a 6.0 truck engine would be easier to find and make power with.whats your budget ?maybe check Texas Speed for engines ?
Old 12-28-2012, 06:34 PM

What are the pros and cons of using the stand alone compared to the wiring harness and PCM. I havent made up my mind as to which I want to use. I have a
th350 currently in the car and woul like to keep using that. Will I lose HP using a stand alone?

Quick Reply: What engine?