Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SFC Install Question - Is this okay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SFC Install Question - Is this okay?

Should I wait to install my SFC's?

I have the front on cribs but I cannot load the rear (everything's out of the car). The back is supported with jack stands placed under the lower control arm bolts, vehicle is level right to left but slightly higher in front than back. My thinking is that the weight on the LCA mount would keep everything straight.... ?
Attached Thumbnails SFC Install Question - Is this okay?-100_3016.jpg   SFC Install Question - Is this okay?-100_3020.jpg   SFC Install Question - Is this okay?-100_3021.jpg  
Old 12-31-2012, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

It should, however, The load isnt on the control arm mounting points. Its where the rear springs are and thats farther back putting more sag on the mid body area. Id wait till the rear was in the car and block the rears up like the fronts are and then weld them. This is assuming that the doors shut nice and tight without sagging and the t tops dont leak when it rains. I have done 3 other f body cars like this and all worked out great. I only use weld in subframes by UMI the boxed ones with the control arm brackets in the rear work very well. The t tops didnt leak afterwards either.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Okay thanks, that makes sense. The car is a hardtop so no worries about leaking but I did go with the UMI boxed arms because they told me they were a little stronger

Quick Reply: SFC Install Question - Is this okay?