Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

OEwheel options for RR, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default OEwheel options for RR, what do you think?

I posted this in the RR section but realized I'd get more hits here. Thanks

So I'm currently running a set of 4 chrome zr1 9.5" wheels on 275/35/17 NT05 rubbers and want to upgrade to a 315 wide tire on all 4 corners. At first I started looking for some used CCW classics which were pricey, so started pricing out OEwheels that would be less than half the cost new.

So my first instinct was to go with a silver zr1 wheel 17x11,bs=8",os=50mm, which I've heard won't give any problems. Now I'm looking at these http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/...Wheel-gunmetal. An 18" wheel will let me run a big brake kit in the future which sounds nice. Specs are 18 x 10.5 bs=8", os=56mm. I'm novice at wheel specs so I don't know if I'll run into problems mounting these wheels. I read in another post that a 1/4" wheel spacer on the fronts will be needed to clear the caliper. Will I be able to mount a 315 tire to a 10.5" wheel? Do you for see a problem with this wheel if/when I do upgrade to a big brake kit? Thanks for your input guys, just want to cross my t's before I pull the trigger.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I read, you would want a lower offset than 56, like <54mm to get a BBK work at the front.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. Wouldn't a spacer counter-act the greater offset? or is my logic faulty?

The way I understand it is the greater the offset, the further the mounting point is front the centerline of the wheel, pushing the wheel as whole further in. This interferes with the clearance of spindles/calipers. But if I use say a 1/4 - 5/16" wheel spacer this pushes the wheel outward 6-8mm that I would need for my clearance. Please somebody chime in if my logical or calculations are wrong. Thanks

Quick Reply: OEwheel options for RR, what do you think?