What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 Formula 18K Miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 Formula 18K Miles

Single Owner: Arctic White 2002 Formula with 18,381 miles. 222-222 581-581 lift cam, 205 AFR Heads, KOOKs LTs w/catted Y, GMMG catback, BMR welded subframes, 2800 vig. Work and tuning done by Speed Inc. in Illinois. Stock Firehawk hood (arctic white), stock chrome Firehawk wheels w/BFG g-Force KDW tires with lots of tread all around. Dynoed 398 rwhp and 386 rwtq if memory serves. Car has always moved out nicely, just never driven it much since I took possesion of it in September 2001. Interior is black fabric not leather. Garaged since day one, and has spent it's last 5 years in Southern California. Actually think the car has only been out in the rain 4 or 5 times since I've owned it .
Old 01-05-2013, 09:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Wow, what a sweet one-owner, low mileage Formula. I know you made the car just the way you wanted it, but now that you want to sell, it is going to be tougher. A 'stock' 2002 Formula in very good to excellent condition would easily command a $13,000 - $14,000 price with those low miles. With the mods you still might get that price but it could take a bit longer unless you get lucky. The buyer's market is much more limited once you make those performance changes as you have eliminated most women and many middle aged men who prefer 'stock'. Despite the extremely low mileage, buyers are wary of these modded machines. Unfortunately (financially speaking) your buyer's market will be made up of younger males that generally don't have the cash or the ability to get a $10,000+ loan on a 10 year old modded car. You will need to find that one buyer that loves your mods and has the ability to pay.
Let's hope it happens for you but if you get no activity in that price range you may have to take less. Lower the price in $500 increments if you have the time and patience if no responses in the first two weeks. GLWS!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the feedback, and my intuition tells me you are correct. Again, thank you for the kind words and comments, anyone others have an opinion or?

Quick Reply: 2002 Formula 18K Miles