Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something broke! need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something broke! need opinions

Was making a pull on the highway, pulled it into 3rd from 60mph, let it downshift, eased into to the throttle till the converter locked up then went wot. We have it set to lock in 3rd. Only on 10lbs which is around 750 to the wheels.. When i went wot, after about 1 second i felt a vibration, kinda felt like wheelhop, then waaam! Rev limiter like it went into neutral. Put it in neutral and coasted off the highway. I only have park, nothing else works, doesn't move at all in any gear. Trans is a Jakes built 80 with billet input and hub. Good for 1000. Converter is a tcs single disk. I think it just blew the inside of the converter to hell., cuz i can't imagine the input shaft or anything internally breaking like that from a roll, cuz the trans has seen plenty of hard tbrake launches without any problems. Just wondering wut some of y'all might think it might be. Pulling the trans out this weekend hopefully, just wanted to have some idea of what to expect or look for
Old 01-10-2013, 05:55 PM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the Converter may have blown....or even the input shaft. Either way it's probably not an easy fix.. If the converter broke, it probably just fragged into the trans fluid, and sent pieces everywhere. Good Luck....
Old 01-11-2013, 06:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure locking a single disc at WOT is a great idea with that kind of power.

Quick Reply: Something broke! need opinions