Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Direction for Turbo motor combo

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Direction for Turbo motor combo

So I recently acquired a fresh ls1 iron 6.0 motor with ported 243 heads (10:8 CR) ls6 intake, MS4 cam, arp rod bolts and head studs. I'm wishing to go turbo with it, and already have the hot side parts taken care of for this, minus the turbo- essentially the flipped truck manifolds to 2.5 in. piping go to a split T4 flange. Ideally I would like to run 6-8psi with this combo on 93 octane, since E85 isn't available where I'm at. Also I haven't yet decided what this is going in, but will probably be my 72 chevelle.

-Two things that I need to address are the cam and the compression. I'd like to use a relatively large sized cam, partially for the sound and partially because I would like to experiment a bit in this direction anyhow. I know that using a larger sized cam would help reduce the dynamic CR perhaps helping out with detonation etc. Of course the other side of the coin is that it will bleed boost and cause reversion. Any thoughts on how these two will play a roll, I've been reading several threads and it seems many are divided on the ultimate cam theory for turbo'd motors.

Lastly, I need to choose the specs for the turbo. Since I will only be running low boost I'll probably go with a larger T4 turbo but haven't gotten much beyond this in my head...Turbocharging is a very intricate science, one that unfortunately I don't have enough time to learn all it's caveats. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Last edited by Chevyguy358; 01-24-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone...

Quick Reply: Direction for Turbo motor combo