LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

97 Trans am race harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Trans am race harness

I am looking at gutting my entire body harness and doing a new body harness from haywire.
I wired up coupes and hot rods many times.
My questions are...

Does anyone know how to incorporate the headlight switch into the wiring for the headlights to still pop up and down like they are supposed to?
I will be getting rid of all of my gauges e cause I am going ls motor with a race PAC cluster off of the obd2 port.
Also how about the door locks and windows? Do they function just like an old hot rod would once they are stripped to bare essentials right to the motors themselves?
I don't have a radio or any of that stuff to mess with. Just lifting, windows, locks and so on.

I appreciate your input!
Ill Probobly use an afyermarket column and push button ignition
Old 01-25-2013, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kalebm22
I am looking at gutting my entire body harness and doing a new body harness from haywire.
I wired up coupes and hot rods many times.
My questions are...

Does anyone know how to incorporate the headlight switch into the wiring for the headlights to still pop up and down like they are supposed to?
I will be getting rid of all of my gauges e cause I am going ls motor with a race PAC cluster off of the obd2 port.
Also how about the door locks and windows? Do they function just like an old hot rod would once they are stripped to bare essentials right to the motors themselves?
I don't have a radio or any of that stuff to mess with. Just lifting, windows, locks and so on.

I appreciate your input!
Ill Probobly use an afyermarket column and push button ignition
To do the headlight switch you need to be handy with a multimeter and check for continuity between the contacts and wire the lights accordingly. A stock wiring diagram will assist in the terminals on the switch itself.

The other stuff is wired traditionally. But I question the race-only use if you're keeping convenience like power locks and windows.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

But this might help too: https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...-switches.html
Old 01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the info! i like to be able to roll my windows up and down easily at the dragstrip! hahaha
the headlight part just had me puzzled more than anything, i dont want tolose the use of the pop ups either lol

Quick Reply: 97 Trans am race harness