Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

How bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bad?

So my girl was off to work this morning driving her 93'z28 and about 5 min after she left i get a call ..."I think my tire blew out!" so i panic get dressed and grab the faithful bird and race off to rescue her Get out to her and to my surpise all the tires look great not an issue.. so she gets out of the car and says "Its the driver front" so i turn my flash light on and look around.. and BAM! this is what i get greeted with!

so apon first inspection with the wheel still on, the only thing i could think of is she busted up the suspension some how. so i race back to my house to get the jack, jack stands and an assortment of tools. got the wheel off and the damn ball joint was missing the bolt AND cotterpin! how this happened i dont even know.. so i race her to work and with the car still on the side of the highway i get to the local parts store and get a new ball joint and the press. Got back to the car and got everything squared away... in the rain.. PRAISE THE OKLAHOMA WEATHER GODS! lol so everything is going great now.. is there anything other then cosmetic that i need to look out on the rim? its got a groove worn in it from when the ball joint and LCA dropped. she was able to stop the car within 100yards so i dont see any real damage other then the groove. what are youralls thoughts on the rim, should i have the rim reballenced or should i be all good since its an even groove all the way around
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Groove doesn't look too deep, it'll shake if it needs to be rebalanced. Keep an eye out to see if it starts loosing air.

Weather was crazy today in OKC, what a day to do work on the side of the road!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shoot your telling.me! I wish this would.have happened yesturday! I was drenched I didn't want to get back in the bird

Quick Reply: How bad?