Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC 9 w/Wavetrac?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MWC 9 w/Wavetrac?

Does anyone on here have the Watts link MWC 9" setup with a Wavetrac, or Quaife diff??

I am asking because I eventually want that axle with either of those two diffs for handling/road racing/autocross (NOT for drag racing/'highway runs' like most on here, so the standard "just spool it" response is a NO GO!).
Old 02-05-2013, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wavetrac...no watts link. Went for the 31 spline version and aluminum center, lightend Yukon 4.11. Drives just like the Zexel unit, has more bias on corner exit though.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

MWC with watt's link and wavetrac. I haven't driven it at the limit of its handling capabilities, though it drives like a stock rear in the car and is very grippy in corners. No tire chirp or bouncing associated with a spool type, but it seems like it's always engaged and ready for action.

I have however been able to test it at the strip, and it leaves great and straight and handles a 6.5k clutch dump like a pro. About to have a kit on the car and see how the diff likes leaving on gas out of the hole...
Old 02-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Teching In

MWC, Watts Link, and the Wavetrac here. I have the 35 spline version. Drives like a "normal" car and handles well. I have a truetrac in my 70 and it drives like crap.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MWC 9", truetrac, aluminum center, aluminum lcas...its great. The truetrac is not as tight as my old Auburn...combine that with the watts link and the lightweight (plus my konis) and it feels really confident. Corner exits are much less dicey...def. get the watts.

Quick Reply: MWC 9 w/Wavetrac?