Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Kenwood stereo in my Formula

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 06:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Kenwood stereo in my Formula

Just picked up a new unit -- KDC-BT952HD.

WOW, I cannot believe the improvement in sound quality from my older Kenwood unit I replaced! This has all the bells and whistles (CD/MP3 player, bluetooth phone and audio (even that sounds great), HD radio, pandora with iphone and even android, siriusxm ready, 7-band EQ, etc).

And it looks great in my dash (matches the Pontiac red gauges, and also has gray trim to match the dash pieces).

Attached Thumbnails New Kenwood stereo in my Formula-newradio.jpg  
Old 02-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks nice.. recently installed the KDC452U and love how it looks/sounds. Wish it had bluetooth though.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the BT-901. I was looking at the "new" models but was surprised they were a step down (as far as model number it seems). I couldn't go without a color screen in mine now. Nice upgrade though.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks.

Question regarding new Kenwood radios -- There is a feature called "B.Ex" and by default it is turned off -- how many users are turning that feature on?

I usually keep my "low" gains in the negative range and with B.EX "on" it seems to "reduce" the very low frequencies when in the negative range. Turn the B.EX back off and it seems to "increase" the lower frequencies but sometimes make it easier to distort.

Trying to figure out which setting I should use when tuning the subwoofer output.

Quick Reply: New Kenwood stereo in my Formula