Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch peddle diving

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch peddle diving

This is regarding a 99 camaro . I just installed a ram master cylender and a gm slave cylender . Used them for about 3 weeks. Then figured am gona go for a new clutch from monster level 3. After the clutch instulation . I drove thd car from the garage to home . Then while trying to park the car . I notesed that the longer I step in the clutch peddle and hold the peddle in the pressed in position, the peddle tends to dive in and when releasing back it returns back normal but the engagement point becomes realy down . So I pump in to it and it gets back normal. This only happens if I keep pressing yhe peddle for a long time.Took it back to the ggarage and checked on the master snd the dlave for leeks. Both tend to be fine. Re bleeded the cylenders. But still the problem occured. Any thing els do u guys think might go wrong during instulation?. Am still in the break in cycle for the clutch.so o havent tryed to do full rpm shifting .
Old 02-10-2013, 08:09 AM
On The Tree

mine was doing that last week. i did a fluid change and a good bleed with a vacuum pump. back to normal.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 3gensoffs
mine was doing that last week. i did a fluid change and a good bleed with a vacuum pump. back to normal.
Where the brand new master and slave?

Quick Reply: Clutch peddle diving