Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from the New England area.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello from the New England area.

Hey everyone, my name is John, I'm 26, currently serving active duty USMC. My hometown is Laconia, New Hampshire, but will be living in Massachusetts. I EAS on April 20th, 2013 after 5 years of being active, then getting ready to start college hopefully in the fall for Astrology / Astrophysics. I currently drive a 2003 Mustang Gt, 46k miles, 5 speed, has shorty headers, exhaust, saleen series 4 s/c, tune, and a blown cylinder 6. My last duty station in San Diego, C.A., cylinder 6 decided to blow, I have no clue what happened, after speculating and inspecting, I came up with the idea that the c02 sensor on my H-pipe read too rich, or possibly the MAF, and leaned out the tune, and i was going 142 mph, which didn't help. I do not know this for sure, I have yet to tear apart the top end of the block and check as I only had a week left in the states before i had to go over seas. But i did pull the spark plug and the ground electrode and center electrode were missing, most likely in the oil pan. There are no holes in the block but i'm sure cylinder 6's side wall looks mighty pretty.

Anyways, my mustang has been sadly sitting for 2 years in Grand Rapids, Michigan, still runs, just like crap. In the first week of March, once i finally return home from 2 years over seas, I will be going to pick it up, bring it to my buddies garage in Mass, and do a lsx swap. I haven't decided which engine or trans to swap it to, my buddy came up with the idea, he's a firm believer of the lsx engines, so i'll take his word as he's done a few swaps in the past. Right now I'm trying to do my homework while getting ready to travel, so i figured i'd make an account on here finally and get some tips and ideas.

I'm not looking for any Chevy or Ford fanboy haters, to me, a car is a car no matter the make. It's your car, do whatever you want to it. I've seen a few lsx mustang swaps around the internet, and am open to any help or tips you may have if you have done a mustang lsx swap, or know someone who has.

Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply: Hello from the New England area.