Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Price estimate for this work?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Exclamation Price estimate for this work?

There are a couple things I want to do to the Z, but I'm about 3 hours away from my closest body shop so driving there just to get a quote is out of the question right now. I was hoping someone could give me a very rough estimate on what these two things would cost.

1. One of the holes in the door where the window regulator is riveted to is wallowed out. I need this hole to be repaired with fiberglass and redrilled.

2. The weatherstripping around my hatch is coming off. I need this replaced and I hear the hatch glass needs to be removed to do it. I'm talking about the weatherstripping around outside of the glass.

Any ideas?
Old 02-13-2013, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hatch glass does not need to be removed to replace the weatherstripping around the hatch (if you're talking about that trim piece that wraps around the outer edge of the window.)

the hatch has to be unbolted from the body so you can slip the weatherstripping over the top part of the glass, but the glass can remain in place in the hatch itself. i did this on my car several years ago. was a PITA and you should unbolt the struts from the hatch before attempting this (we didn't and had to force the struts to push the hatch twords the mounts with the hatch still hanging freely, a PITA)
Old 02-14-2013, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well as far as the hole, you can fix that with washers. put one on the front and back then stick the rivet through both and the regulator. use the long shank 1/4 inch rivets and your good to go.

Quick Reply: Price estimate for this work?