New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my hands on a 98 z28

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 11:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got my hands on a 98 z28

Well I just got a 1998 z28 camaro. I am loving it so far. Well the check engine light is on. I was told it was for a couple reasons. First he removed the egr setup and the rear o2 sensor. Also it just had the motor rebuilt and has a cam in it. The guy said I need to have a tune done and it will take care of that. I am v8 ls1 noon as can be so how do I get a tune done for it and around how much is it going to run me. The kid said all I do is send the computer out and it can be done. So is he telling me the truth and who do I send it to? I live in Cleveland Ohio so I will have to get the car echecked in order to get plates and with that light on I will not pass. Plus with the light already on I will not know if there are any new problems that shall come up. I will be on this forum a lot picking everyone's brains lol. I always wanted one of these cars and traded a srt4 neon for it straight up. Thanks in advance
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, ask him for all the details you can get from the cam, (lift and duration, lsa etc..) then just take it to a shop near you that works on ls1's.
post pics
Old 02-18-2013, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will post some pictures when I get home. I also have the information on the cam as well. I have to try to find a good shop in the cleveland ohio area to take it to. The only thing that I do not like about the car is the kid cut the hood up. He made it so you can see the engine and put plexiglass over the hole. It needs a little cleaning up but other then that it looks good for what it is. It just isn't something that I think belongs on a Camaro maybe a import/tuner type car. I am going to post it local on craigslist hoping to find someone that would like to trade me hoods for it. I am not picky on the hood, would like one from an SS just something that makes it look a little more aggressive.

Quick Reply: Just got my hands on a 98 z28