Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member and project plans

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member and project plans

What up? My name is Logan. I've been around car forums for several years now and I'm a big Mazda guy. I've got a 2007 Mazdaspeed6... with a blown motor. I had it fully bolted and had just installed a GT3071 turbo. The motor blew just a few days before I had an appointment to get it tuned. The carnage was pretty gnarly. I had plans to rebuild it with a forged bottom end and go even bigger turbo. But got the itch for some yummy V8 goodness.

It's gutted out and sitting on jack stands right now. Daily driver issues and planning for a wedding have set me back. But I still have the grand plan.

I picked up an LS2 block that has been bored .020 over from here. I'm actually trying to sell it, but don't have the tenure or post count to create a thread. I decided rather than to try to build one from scratch & nickel & dime myself, just to buy a pull out motor. Or try my luck at picking up a totalled car and pull it and a 6-speed tranny myself and have the engine harness and all engine accessories for the swap. And have a starting point at swapping in a new rear end too.

Right now I just want to get anything picked up so I can start all the fab work. I can worry about building that motor later. Found an LS1 w/ LS6 heads and T-56 for $2500 locally. And on the way there my truck blew a head gasket. So out went that option.

Good lord, sorry for the long intro.

tl;dr

blown Mazdaspeed6. eventual LS swap. lurking for insight on the LS engine.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Welcome
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Welcome

Quick Reply: New member and project plans