Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help picking a system???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 05:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help picking a system???

hey everyone, i'm looking to throw on a nitrous system on my ls1. just looking around right now to see different systems and companies and pricing. money's no issue on this car, i just want the best for my baby. so if anyone could gimme some advice about what kind of setup would be best, direct port or not, etc. etc. i was leaning towards a direct port system with an rpm activation window, like where it'll kick on at X rpm and turn off @ Y rpm, i saw msd made a pill switch like that, so i could just arm it and don't have to worry bout me sprayin at the wrong time. but i just wanted to see what other people thought bout different systems. also if anyone would recommend going with larger injectors, fuel rails, stand alone fuel, etc. lastly, if anyone knows how big i could go on a shot or hp into a stock ls1 with mti heads & cam w/o blowing the engine. any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

so what are you doing? a Supercharger or H/C/N20? before I waste anymore time lemme know.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:42 AM
Launching!

actually i'm leaning towards all 3. h/c for sure, i'm looking into nitrous or a super for sure one or the other, so i'm tryin to get input on nitrous and super. i can have both right? there wouldn't be any interference between the 2 would there? sry for my ignorance, but i'm not all too mechanically inclined. just the way you said that too, made me think for a sec, and come to think of it i can't recall any of my bud's rides that have both. but just wanted the nitrous for the track. once a month at most. thanks for the quick responses though.
Old 04-20-2004, 04:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the same problem. i called t.n.t and nx,i asked each company why i should but their system over the other. i went with T.N.T F1 kit,i'm glad i did.