Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I may not need 2nd stage heads

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default I may not need 2nd stage heads

on the 99 ta ws6 I have the center bolt pattern on the heads, so do'es this mean my heads are much better than the earlier prerimeter bolt pattern?

Can I stay with the same size valves and just have the heads cnc ported ie. 5 angle valve job, to acomodate a larger cam, I want to pass emmisions but want more power than stock.

I'm thinking maybe a GM hot cam/ LS6 valve springs and matching pushrods, continue to use stock lifters. /(LS6 manifold but not right away)
Old 04-20-2004, 12:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by badmfkr
on the 99 ta ws6 I have the center bolt pattern on the heads, so do'es this mean my heads are much better than the earlier prerimeter bolt pattern?

Can I stay with the same size valves and just have the heads cnc ported ie. 5 angle valve job, to acomodate a larger cam, I want to pass emmisions but want more power than stock.

I'm thinking maybe a GM hot cam/ LS6 valve springs and matching pushrods, continue to use stock lifters. /(LS6 manifold but not right away)
your talking about 2-5cfm difference between the two heads nothing you'll notice. You can stay with the stock valve sizes and get a mild port but whos to say your porter will do a good job...spend the extra few bucks and get a set of decent heads if your truely considering them.

lata
Bill