PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this tune make my plugs look fat??

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this tune make my plugs look fat??

Looks like I'm going to another tuner while truck is down for upgrades. These have about 200 miles on them w/ 6 passes at the track. Tune has always had issues when cold and only ran good when fully warmed up. I change the oil every 500 miles since it sees alot of track duty and guess now I understand why it's always so black.
Attached Thumbnails Does this tune make my plugs look fat??-img_20130307_195209.jpg  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When it runs better when warm, just means usually that the Base fuel tables,"Ve and MAf" just needs to be adjusted to bring them closer to 14s. Once the car hits 174degf then it fixes itself. That is why it runs better. But once it is doing that, then the truck shouldn't be rich or lean, as the trims prevent that from happening. "or try anyways"

Without doing a spark plug replace and then a drag pull then shut it down, you cant tell much from the plugs. So showing us those don't help much other than knowing that the timing and fuel isn't burning the straps off.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Understood.The original tune netted 500+ plus to the wheels. Added fuel system,retuned. No real hp numbers recorded,just making sure AFR still ok. Butt dyno told me it felt weaker. Added carb style intake,4150 tb,retuned. New dyno numbers in colder air came out to 468. Took it to track w new suspension upgrades and actually pulled the best 60ft time and reaction only to run the same quarter time as when I always blew the tires on launch. Does feel weaker going down track so I'm trying to find weakness. This is the blackest my plugs have ever been.

Quick Reply: Does this tune make my plugs look fat??