PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tech help - Want to convert CSFI injector controls to LT1 injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Need tech help - Want to convert CSFI injector controls to LT1 injectors

Alright guys, I have a bit of a crazy frankenstein build going on. Ill give you the details on what it is first, before I go into what i need help with.

70 SS Nova

362 CI Gen 1 SBC with modified 97` LT1 heads on it

ALL the goodies, air gap intake, full boltons, big cam, etc

Currently has a built 700r4, 3,000 stall and 3:73 gears

Now here is the deal, I picked up a 01` full size work van. 5.0 Vortec in it. I found out after, that it has the 411 PCM in it. WHat got this started is I can tune that PCM myself, as I also have an 04 LS2 swapped H/C GTO that I tune myself with Hp tuners.

I am going to pull the intake, distributor, all the nessissary wiring etc. from this van.

Now here is were this gets interesting.

What I WANT to do, is get a set of LT1 rails and 42# injectors, drill/tap the SBC air gap and fix this to the sbc intake, obviosly all fed by the apropriate pump etc. Ill deal with everything else needed, but THIS is what i need help with.

I want to use the 2 wires on each injector on the CSFI poppet injectors, hook them up to the LT1 injectors (also 2 wires) and control the injectors that way. Can this be done?

Im wanting to do this for the oiginality factor etc. So please dont ask me why. Thanks, Chris

Pic of the CSFI injection

Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The pcms don't care what injector you are using as long as you have the tune done so it is fueling correctly. The 0411 pcm will control whatever injector you hook up to it.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are you doing about a crank sensor?

Quick Reply: Need tech help - Want to convert CSFI injector controls to LT1 injectors