Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 with LS3 heads valve clearence question

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 with LS3 heads valve clearence question

hey, My name is chris and im building a drift car with an LS2 6.0L with LS3 heads, and i have a few Questions.....

1. I hear that milling the heads .030" will get me back to stock compression ratio. is this true in a "ball park sence" and could i just get a thinner head gasket to achieve this?

2. From what i can find the stock head gasket is about .060" thick so in theory could i run a cometic MLS head gasket for the LS2 with a bore of 4.030" and thickness of .030" to get me back close to stock compression ratio?

3. Im going to be running a "LSR™ Rectangular Port, 281LRR HR13" cam with a intake lift of .617" and exhaust lift of .634" with running high lift springs in the LS3 head and stock rocker arms with a 1.7 rocker arm ratio would i have any clearence isues with the stock LS2 flat top pistons and the head gasket im going to be running?

4. Im planning on running my stock LS2 lifters/followers. will they hold up to the higher lift of the cam?

5. im also going to run some comp cam push rods. Can i run stock lenght or do they have to be shorter.

keep in mind this is a set im doing just for one season and plan on building the engine for boost next season. i just am trying to get as close to 500hp as i can with this na set up. also will be jumping up to roller rockers and better internals for next season. i hope some one out there has done this before and can go over my numbers and let me know if im in any risk of clearence issues before i asyemble these heads to the block. thank you four your time in reading this post!

Chris J

Last edited by Chris J; 03-20-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Quick Reply: LS2 with LS3 heads valve clearence question