Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re-Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 09:06 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re-Tune?

I know you guys are going to tell me to re-tune to be safe but question is do I really HAVE to re-tune?? My situation is this.. Blue Cat dyno tuned the car last year and the ONLY thing I have changed is the addition of LG long tubes and their off road X pipe.. Which also means I went from 4 cats to none.. My mind is telling me it will be fine but to stay off the bottle until I get it retuned but I have a couple friends that are saying Blue Cat tunes are on the safe side and I will be fine to spray with the only addition being the long tubes.. they are saying it will just be a little bit more lean that it was before and since my tune was on the safe said it wont hurt anything... I cant tell you all the details of the tune.. I dropped the car off and picked it up so I wasn't there for all the details like A/F ratio and total timing.. Since I don't know it worries me to spray with the new headers.. I have emailed the tuner and got an auto-reply explaining he is too busy to take new appointments and to check back later... Safe to spray? Go mail order? or find a new tuner for a dyno session?
Old 03-23-2013, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't spray it. Did you go from manifolds to lt's? The header swap wouldn't worry me so much n/a but I wouldn't chance spraying unless I was sure the tune was safe/solid

Quick Reply: Re-Tune?