Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With po336 Please?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With po336 Please?????

Can ne one please give me some insight on this issue im having i own a 02 t/a m6 with slp lts 228r cam fast 92 intake and lm1 exhaust i brought the car a year ago and the only problems i ever had prior to this one is a blown coolant line and blew my cats........i'll get to the point maybe a week and a 1/2 ago my car shut off while i was letting it warm up....thought nothing of it started right back up omw to wrk it started hesitating and buckin and my factory tach dropped to 0 it cut off once when i let off i crusied it to the shoulder.....checked it fired it back up it drove fine the rest of the way to work maybe 1 studder in 6th omw home drove fine next day i started it up it did the same shut off tach zeroing out but this time it sounded like it was misfiring drove it to autozone and they pulled a po336 code after autzone it was driving fine i havent driven it since.............can someone please give me some insight
it only has 56k on it.....ive seen the reluctor ring could be bent?????? is there ne way of finding out if its bent??? it has a solid ses light
Old 03-31-2013, 01:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

I doubt the reluctor wheel is bent. That's the Crank Position Sensor Circuit code, so first things first, I would check to make sure the sensor is plugged in and has a good connection. Check the wiring, make sure none of it got burnt on the exhaust as well. Its located on the pass side of the engine block pretty much right next to the starter, and you'll probably need to pull the starter to get to it. If your connection is good, then chances are the sensor is faulty.

One thing to keep in mind is that after changing that sensor, you may need to have a CASE relearn procedure done on the car. A dealer with a Tech II or anyone with a decent scanning software (EFI Live/HP Tuners) can do this.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rob WS6
I doubt the reluctor wheel is bent. That's the Crank Position Sensor Circuit code, so first things first, I would check to make sure the sensor is plugged in and has a good connection. Check the wiring, make sure none of it got burnt on the exhaust as well. Its located on the pass side of the engine block pretty much right next to the starter, and you'll probably need to pull the starter to get to it. If your connection is good, then chances are the sensor is faulty.

One thing to keep in mind is that after changing that sensor, you may need to have a CASE relearn procedure done on the car. A dealer with a Tech II or anyone with a decent scanning software (EFI Live/HP Tuners) can do this.

Thanx man the shop I go to I thonk usesefi live so im going to check it out and drop it off at my performance shop

Quick Reply: Help With po336 Please?????