Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Idiot dented my fender.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idiot dented my fender.

What's up guys. So i walk out side the other day and see a nice dent in the right rear fender. It's just behind the centerline of the wheel, about as big as my hand, and no more than an inch deep. It has a crease down the middle as though someone backed into me. What an a$&hole. Also, it bent in the lip of the fender a good bit. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Anyhow, what are the chances they could fix this at a body shop without getting a new one? The bend in the lip is what's worrying me. Also, if anyone has any idea how much it may cost either way, that would be great.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

pics certainly help, im no expert but i have read that for some parts of the quarter panel you can get to it from the trunk spare tire region and vice versa on the other side and maybe bang it out, really sucks and wish i could help out more but saw no one repied and would offer you just that tid bit of knowledge i knew
Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

without seeing the damage , hard to say what it would take to fix it. I do est. at the shop I work at , and hate it when people phone in asking for quotes.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 96z28_lt1
pics certainly help, im no expert but i have read that for some parts of the quarter panel you can get to it from the trunk spare tire region and vice versa on the other side and maybe bang it out, really sucks and wish i could help out more but saw no one repied and would offer you just that tid bit of knowledge i knew
Or use a stud spotter and slide hammer.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nuclearbreath
What's up guys. So i walk out side the other day and see a nice dent in the right rear fender. It's just behind the centerline of the wheel, about as big as my hand, and no more than an inch deep. It has a crease down the middle as though someone backed into me. What an a$&hole. Also, it bent in the lip of the fender a good bit. I'll post a pic tomorrow. Anyhow, what are the chances they could fix this at a body shop without getting a new one? The bend in the lip is what's worrying me. Also, if anyone has any idea how much it may cost either way, that would be great.
Not sure what your shop rates are down there , but we charge $75.00/hr for pirvate work.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Teching In

this is the one. i just ended up filing on my insurance. My quote was $629, and i have a $500 deductible. Great.

Quick Reply: Idiot dented my fender.