General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

my 99 ss is noking

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 99 ss is noking

I have a 99 camaro ss and every time wen I start the car my oil pressure is at 40psi and my lifters are knocking for like 3mins and after 3min is quite but my oil pressure gage starts jumping up and down but when I'm in a stop light my oil pressure is at 20psi or even lower also the car was park for 1year and my mechanic told me that the lifters are Gina be knocking for like a week cuz they don't have no oil. Any suggestions
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Your 'mechanic' sounds like an, ...
Lifters don't need a week to pump up.
LSx F-Body vehicles are known for noisy lifters.
Not necessarily a 'knock', but more like a 'tick'.

Use the search function & research 'lifter tick', or 'ticking lifters', or 'tick', ..., & you'll find lots of history.
Where are you located, & what is your native language?
Don't mean to offend, but it appears English is not your first language. :o)

20psi at idle, or at a spotlight is not a problem.
Bouncing gauge needle may not really be an issue either, but you'll have to do some tests to find out if it's the gauge, or the sending unit, ..., or some other engine issue.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:28 PM

My bro is using my account sorry.....Spanish......California Stockton........I was talking to some friends and day told me to check the oil pressure sensor that maite b the problem to my gage.....tanks for the help
Old 04-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by monster2000ls1
My bro is using my account sorry.....Spanish......California Stockton........I was talking to some friends and day told me to check the oil pressure sensor that maite b the problem to my gage.....tanks for the help

Da oil pressure gage ain't gonna make da ticking sound, it'll just affekt the accuracy of the oil pressure needle.

Do a engin flush and put some new good oil in......see if dat helps da tick sounds........

Old 04-05-2013, 11:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS6427
Da oil pressure gage ain't gonna make da ticking sound, it'll just affekt the accuracy of the oil pressure needle.

Do a engin flush and put some new good oil in......see if dat helps da tick sounds........

+1

Quick Reply: my 99 ss is noking