Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

SpartanMarine: 2001 T/A WS6

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SpartanMarine: 2001 T/A WS6

Hey everyone. I joined this site because I often visit here for advice on my 2001 T/A WS6.
Skip the formalities; I have a budget of about $3,000. I want solid horses and quicker acceleration.
Here's what Im thinkin: Ls6 longtube headers, ported TB, completely new exhaust, and have the cylinders bored over to match a 385 (im pretty sure its a highly worn out 350) and honed.
Any tips, tricks, or suggestions would be appreciated.
SM

Last edited by SpartanMarine; 04-11-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

welcome!

i'm assuming you have a LS1 or LS6 block... in which case you can go from 346 cubic inches up to 348. other than that, you need either a different block or to spend most of that budget to have that LS1/6 resleeved... OR, maybe you forgot to mention you're having the engine stroked?
Old 04-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Teching In

I have an Ls1 block.
As far as stroked, Im sure that'll come with it being bored over; however i can get the cylinder walls wider. You say up to 348? Then that's good enough i suppose.
I want to completely redo the exhaust system, starting with headers. Longtube hookers maybe. Since its an 01 it has an Ls6 intake manifold. And the ram air intake is pretty event for stock. Eventually i might grab an SLP intake. But that's down the road. Its got rims tires and a new suspension so im good there. And i wanna pick up a "skip shift" eliminator while im at it.
But i thinks that's good for now. Just to clean her up a little on the inside and put some new shiny parts down lol, within budget of course.

Quick Reply: SpartanMarine: 2001 T/A WS6