Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

my magnaflow only flows thru one side

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my magnaflow only flows thru one side

couldnt find anyone else mention this, 2000 transam just finished with boltons.cam ,intake,tb,port heads, lt headers, and noticed my magnaflow cat back with the two outlet muffler seems to flow 90% out the driver side exhaust tip . really noticable with the cold weather in vt now. passenger tip feelc like cool exhaust coming out. this is only in garage still. seems like a $500 exhaust would flow a little more balanced out the muffler and tips.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The pipe has to make a 180 degree bend inside the muffler to get to the right tip. All exhausts for these cars that utilize a signle case crossflow muffler will be like this. Left side is the path of least resistance. The right tip is mostly cosmetic.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've noticed this on my true duals depending on where/how i'm parked. I always assumed it was just because of moisture settling more on one side than the other. And i also assumed it would typically be the passenger side because all of our cars sit a little lower on that side anyway.

Quick Reply: my magnaflow only flows thru one side