Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NX and NOS jet compatability

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default NX and NOS jet compatability

Okay guys I have a NX single nozzle wet kit on my 2000 SS Camaro. Does anyone know if NX and NOS nitrous and fuel jets use the same number rating, and is it okay to run NOS jets in my NX kit? Right now I have a 57/32 pills from NOS, and from what I understand that is for a 125 shot?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Generally speaking all jets are numbered the same. Just different company's rate the horsepower differently by using crank vs whp. However if I remember correctly nos and nx are physically a different shape. A nos jet is tall and skinny where As a nx/zex jet is short and fat. You need to pull your current jets out and compare the physical size and shape. If they are the same swapping them is no problem. I have used nos jets in a nx fitting in a pinch but I do not recommend it as you can strip the fitting or damage the jets.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thank you, and you are correct in that the NOS and NX jets are ever so slightly different. It's a VERY little difference but it's there for sure. I did put the NOS jets in and they seem to fit just fine. So do you think it's okay then? So that NOS 57 nitrous pill should be for a 125 shot, but it's rated at the flywheel?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

As stated above the number on the side of the jet is in reference to the ID of the hole in the jet. Every company has different recommendations as far as jetting for a specific HP shot. As long as the jet sits down flush into the nozzle fitting you should be fine. If there is gap in between the shoulder of the jet and fitting then they aren't compatible.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay I see what you are saying, and thank you. I really didn't pay attention to how the jet sat into the nozzle fitting, because when I screwed the fitting back on it seem to go on fine and everything. I guess I should take it back off and see exactly how it sits in there. Also, since the 57/32 states a 125 shot from the NX website, it might be totally different since they are NOS jets.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:29 PM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Okay I see what you are saying, and thank you. I really didn't pay attention to how the jet sat into the nozzle fitting, because when I screwed the fitting back on it seem to go on fine and everything. I guess I should take it back off and see exactly how it sits in there. Also, since the 57/32 states a 125 shot from the NX website, it might be totally different since they are NOS jets.
It shouldn't be. The "57" and "32" just refer to the size of the orifice in the jet.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Okay...these NOS jets will definitely not fit!! Thanks anyways guys!

Quick Reply: NX and NOS jet compatability